The Groundwork for Lasting Results and Value!
Great Service You Can Count OnIn basic terms, grading is a combination of two processes:
Cutting – Removing soil from areas where it interferes with the design goals.
Filling – Placing soil in locations specified in the design.
The Complexities of Landscape ModificationFrom the perspective of a seasoned professional, however, there’s a lot more to site grading than simply moving dirt around. The countless topographical, geophysical, and regulatory challenges involved in changing a ground surface can make this stage of site preparation a highly complicated and risky business.
Working with Soil: Getting Down to the Nitty-GrittyThe performance and lifespan of roads, driveways, patios, and other paved structures ultimately depend on the stability of the underlying ground. If potential soil issues are overlooked, the costly consequences of erosion, premature settling, and other dangerous ground changes could ultimately sink your entire pavement system. Fail-safe protection against these devastating risks requires a depth and breadth of specialized knowledge that only an industry-leading grading contractor like Poole Paving can provide. The expertise of our grading crew covers the gamut of technical disciplines needed to optimize the value of every step of this crucial preconstruction process:
- Evaluation of soil, including composition, fertility, stability, and texture, as well as the impact of previous grading on current conditions
- Analysis of project scope, equipment needs, and recycling opportunities, including reuse of topsoil and existing structures
- Compaction of soil base (subgrade) that will support the paved structure
- Assessment of subbase requirements (the thickness, composition, and strength of the layer between the soil base and a load-bearing pavement surface needs optimized weight distribution)
- Calculation of subgrade elevation
- Consideration of potential effects of weather on soil conditions
Managing Water: Keeping the Most Dangerous Element Under ControlComprehensive, environmentally responsible water management is a top priority at Poole Paving. You can rely on our exhaustive site preparation process to ensure every potential water issue from ponding, silt-runoff, and flooding to regulatory requirements is quickly uncovered and effectively addressed. Our company’s track record of success in a full range of challenging environments testifies to our extensive expertise in every aspect of water control:
- State-of-the-art drainage system design
- Industry-standard erosion prevention practices
- Rigorous compliance with North Carolina’s stormwater control, groundwater contamination, and wetlands protection laws
- Temporary Erosion Protection
- Retaining Walls
- Grading Slopes
- Finish Grading
- Surface and Subsurface Drainage Systems
- Permeable Paving
- Open-top Culverts
Professional Grading Services
From land modification to water management, Poole Paving has you covered!